It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:37 am

Post subject: Where do you get your character names
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:14 pm  
Northangel

so yeah may be some story's behind these so here is mine-

Northangel is easy to guess names after the angel of the North ofc

Sweetivory is names after a plant from a quest in OL , IvoryBell

Blué is named after my friend Amanda's Dog who is called blue cos of her eyes

Cathy is cos my friend katie told me Katrina ( thats my name for those who dont know) is german for catherine ( i dont know if thats rite tho), so u get cathy ;p

Northie ofc is Northangels baby ;p

Avalon is after this

Avalon is a place rich in tradition and mystery. Through the ages, many have written of it, but no one knows the truth. Did Avalon exist? Does it still? Where is it? What is it? No one knows, though the legends abound. In all likelihood, Avalon will always remain a mystery.

Forsaken is from a quest to kill forsaken divers or something

Haunted was made by my friend to go look at the haunted house in goldshire and he let me have the name

Desi is a lil girl from a film that is based on a true story who lost her father , its a very good film

and RedisBlue is named after the song in Hoodwinked that sings Red is Blue

xx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:01 pm  
Eagle
Guild Master
<Scions Of Proteus>

Eagle has been my online name for almost 23 years, from the saying free like an eagle.

Arius is from the greek mytholigy, well it's made more swedish, the god of war Ares

Isildür comes from a book written by J.R.R Tolkien but it's not Lord of the rings

Starsercher got it from that Dranei is from the stars and searched for allys

Iachawr I almost forgot this char the name is from welsh and I think it means healer or heal witch is fitting cause I was thinking of making a healer out of him

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist

Last edited by Eagle on Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:07 pm  
Terrë

Terrë is my real name.

Sercëlas means Blood leaf in Toklien Elvish. (my cat is called Cullorë and that means red cat in Elvish)

Qintanalasa just sounded elvish and nice.

All other alts from dragonlance

T.

Last edited by Terrë on Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:46 pm  
Eagle
Guild Master
<Scions Of Proteus>

And Terrë FYI the tolkien elvish is based on Finnish grammer (if you didn't already know that)

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:26 am  
Terrë

lol. of course i knew it. Tolkien expert and speaker of Elvish at your disposal.

T.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:53 am  
Eagle
Guild Master
<Scions Of Proteus>

I can't speak elvish but I have a lot of information about Tolkien because I have read all his published books and even some unpublished stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:32 pm  
Anonymous

my first character, mazrack, was based on a dude in my class's nickname (who i actually hated at the time) combined with imagination...

Corindian was after Illidan when i thouht i was spelt Illindian lawl

Rénegade was just after a mod pack i found

Mediocris is a type of cloud

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:53 pm  
Mithos

Mithos came from the fact that i couldnt use yggdrasil was taken and i wanted something else as mythic, thus mithos!

spiderpig is self-explanatory

azræl = angel of death and rather fitting for my DK

beefsteak = tauren druid, another fitting name imo

xykon = undead rogue, came from a comic strip i used to read called "order of the stick"

doomkin = my moonkin if i ever get round to leveling her

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:19 pm  
Anonymous

Sukkeltje= something like looser in dutch :)

Saintje= From Insane_Killer back in UT99 days people called me Sain Sane or Saint so made a dutch twist on it so changed my Name to Saintje

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:16 am  
Ketyor
Social
<Scions Of Proteus>

My first toon was a rogue Roytek. The name was formed from the name of the town in which I live, Royston, and my IRC handle, teknofyl.

The rogue is no more, but most of my other characters are a simple anagram of those 6 letters:

Ketyor (Mage)
Ekroyt (Shaman)
Okreyt (Hunter)
Rekyot (Death Knight)

The exceptions were:

Phooey (Warlock), named by my youngest son while he was watching a re-run of the Hong Kon Phooey cartoon series on TV.

Mcred (Warrior), he's a dwarf with red hair, 'nuff said.

Got some bank alts too, but they're unimaginatively named simply after the main character they serve, Ketsbank, Eksbank etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:00 pm  
Duckme

Duckme: eeerrrrmmmmm, absolutely no idea, have the name since i was started to play my first computer game (starcraft)

Melinoe: that is the name of the greek goddess of the underworld (seemed quite matching for my DK)

Areandir: i think its a name in some very old weird language (i'm not sure)

Oshira: after some research, a japanese religion (Oshirasama) who is mainly ruled by women (cool)

Gnifnit: another one of my strange brain outcomes like duckme

You can say or do whatever you want, as long as you can deal with the consequences

Ducky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:19 am  
Anonymous

Due to my lack of imagination :D I use my initials for my main character DCCT

My Alts are Seagoon from the Goon Show and Dthknight is the closest I could get to Deathknight lol

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:38 am  
Archelaus

archelaus - i came up with it, then later to find that it was a jewish leaders name... so i was leik confused if id made it up coincidentaly or id just heard it somewhere.

zarflex - made up.... hopefully it doesnt turn out to be some religious name.... because im not into the whole religion thing

keleseth valanar and drakuru - i stole them from WOTLK. prince valanar and prince keleseth (also DK rings are named after them) and then drakuru from Zul'drak.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:56 pm  
Terrë

I thought Archelaus was a corruption of the DK Archeus (not sure how spelling is) so it was related to DK's. I'm sure most others would also think that, so don't worry.

T.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:33 pm  
Anonymous

Cathalbrien (Pally) - she's named after me (Catherine, Cath or Cat), someone from my past, Charles, and my beautiful woofbag Bilbo Baggins. My name is pronounced as Cath aal bree en.

Voidhammer - was the name of an ex friends toon on Lightbringer I liked it and thought it matched a hoofing great big Draenei S Priest.

Thulsadoom - he's my lock, the ex named him. Apparently it's something to do with the film Conan. I thought Conan was a cure for insomnia but men seem to like it.

Pistorious - she's my NE Dk and a tribute to the awesome Oskar Pistorious (apologies if got name spelling wrong). For those of you who don't know who he is he's South African and is known as Bladerunner as he's a paralympian who uses 2 running blades in place of his feet. He's amazing and a beacon for positivity.

Then my horde are:

Cathalbrien - it's my toon name so I copied it for my horde main
Icicle - Belf DK she's got white hair and white eyes so became Icicle
Vindicate - Cate is derived from Catherine and Vindicate suited my other pally.

For all of you who feel rather drowsy after reading this there's a viewing of Conan in 5 minutes :p